I love that Mara at The Mother of All Trips rounds us all up on Mondays and asks us to answer the question what/where are you dreaming of? Since moving to Bangkok (with which I have not yet managed to fall deeply in love) I have often found myself dreaming of Europe.
Today, though, I am not dreaming of anywhere but right here, right now. After a grueling first semester at school, DP and I are in the “stay-cation” part of our three-week holiday. And I’ve got to say, it’s positively yummy. I had forgotten all of the things a person could do when she wasn’t working full-time:
- blogging (with a vengeance)… it makes me so happy! Check out the new buttons on my side bar!
- sorting through and editing photos of our recent trip to Chiang-Mai. (Elephants!)
- catching up with friends via e-mail, Facebook and Twitter (You’ll find me at monnamcd on Twitter)
- organizing (okay… decorating) the apartment
- going to the movies (possibly twice in one week)
- getting new art framed
- having ones hair cut
- working on the Young Adult novel I began last year
- reading newly released books and catching up on blogs via Google Reader
- going to bed late and sleeping in
- absolutely guilt-free pajamas days
- hanging out with the lovely DP
There is no question that this is is the vacation I most want and need right now. It’s a bit like being a university student but without the bother of classes and essays and with a greater disposable income.
Finally, our apartment is a wicked-great place for a stay-cation. I love the art and ceramics that we’ve collected; we’ve made our rented apartment into a lovely retreat from the noise and pollution of the city. The apartment is also spacious enough for DP and I to have our own office spaces and that makes for a very happy family. Stay tuned for a virtual tour of our apartment later this week.
What’s you favourite part of having a few days at home?