The light in Florence is decadent like dessert.
On our second trip to Florence, we took the high speed train from Rome. It was like going home. We stayed in a little hotel that was also the couple’s piso or apartment; in order to get to our room we had to walk through their dining and living areas. This gave us the opportunity to make friends with Pino’s parrot.
Favourite Florentine things:
– the food (and olive oil) at ZaZas; caprese salad; tiramasu
– sleeping in as late as we liked
– walking everywhere but not going anywhere in a hurry!
– the Italian Renaissance and religious art in the Uffizi Gallery
– shopping (sun dried tomatoes from the Central Market for DPs family; scarves for my mom and sisters; ceramics for me)
– the buttery late afternoon light.
P.S. Did I mention the light?
Photo Credit: DP